A realty salesman had just closed his first deal, only to discover that the piece of land he had sold was completely under water.

“That customer's going to come back here pretty mad,” he said to his boss. “Should I give him his money back?”

“Money back?” roared the boss. “What kind of salesman are you? Get out there and sell him a houseboat.”

My Uncle Joe got fired from his construction job. I asked him what happened.

“You know what a foreman is?” he asked. “The one who stands around and watches the other men work.”

“What's that got to do with it?” I asked.

“Well, he just got jealous of me,” Uncle Joe explained. “Everyone thought I was the foreman.”

In a long line of people waiting for a bank teller, one guy suddenly started massaging the back of the person in front of him. Surprised, the man in front turned and snarled, “Just what the hell you are doing?”

“Well,” said the guy, “You see, I'm a chiropractor and I could see that you were tense, so I had to massage your back. Sometimes I just can't help practicing my art!”

“That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard!” the guy replied. “I work for the IRS. Do you see me screwing the guy in front of me?”

A local florist just went out of business, but it was his own fault. He kept getting his orders mixed up. One woman received flowers sent by her husband, who was at a business meeting in Florida. She was perplexed by the message on her card: “Our deepest sympathy.”

But she was not nearly as surprised as the woman whose husband had just passed away. Her card read, “Hotter here than I expected. Too bad you didn't come too.”

“Waiter!” shouted the furious diner, “How dare you serve me this! There's a damn TWIG in my soup!”

“My apologies,” said the waiter. “I'll inform the branch manager.”
******************************************************************************************