A blonde and a brunette are running a ranch together in Louisiana. They decide they need a bull to mate with their cows in order to increase the herd.

The brunette takes their entire savings of $600 and goes to Texas to buy a bull. She eventually meets with an old cowboy that will sell her one. “It's the only one I got, but I'll sell it for $599. Take it or leave it,” he tells her.

She buys it and goes straight to the local telegram office. She tells the clerk, “I'd like to send a telegram to my friend in Louisiana that says, ‘Have found the stud bull for our ranch, bring the trailer.’ How much will that cost?”

The man behind the counter tells her, “Telegrams to anywhere in the U.S. are $.75 per word.”

She looks at her last dollar, thinks about it for a moment, and replies, “In that case, I'd like to send one word, please.”

“And what word would that be?” inquires the clerk.

“'Comfortable,'” replies the brunette.

Out of curiosity, the man asks, “I'm sorry miss, but how is your friend gonna understand this telegram?”

The brunette replies, “My friend is blonde and reads really slow. When she gets this, she'll read, ‘COM-FOR-DA- BULL.’”